INTERTAIN Experimental Research Lab is an initiative by the Department of Computer Science at the VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The Home Lab provides an environment for key research themes which involve user-centered, distributed, interactive and intelligent multi-device applications.
INTERTAIN Home Lab’s primary goals are:
- Facilitating user-centered experimental research in a realistic environment where we can connect mobile, Web and physical worlds in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Serving as a showcase for state-of-the-art technologies & demos. It can show the ubiquitous nature of information, presented on mobile phones and other Web-enabled devices.
- Providing a laboratory to experiment with distributed technologies and human-aware applications, based on sensor input and background knowledge.
- Fostering collaboration among the Computer Science groups in national and international projects.
- Serving as an attractive environment for advanced courses and student projects.